Here is more detail on the Stroudco promotion and the ‘5 reasons’:
Stroudco would like to build on our recent tie in with Stroud Farmers’ Market to run monthly joint promotions highlighting a particular local product category.
A provisional list of the first 6 of these categories is:
- June - Bread and baked products
- July - Meat – raw and cooked
- August - Dairy
- September - Fruit
- October - Vegetables
- November - Drinks
Our objective would be to put together a customer-building offer specific to a particular product group each month backed by ‘5 reasons’ why people should buy local and fresh produce rather than manufactured foods trucked in to the supermarkets and convenience stores.
The promotion would take 2 forms running simultaneously: A monthly stall in the Farmers market displaying the fullest possible range of a product group that is available through the Farmers Market and Stroudco along with a board giving the ‘5 reasons’ e.g. for bread:
- Better ingredients (no additives/preservatives)
- Better for the environment (less road miles, less packaging)
- Benefits the local economy (rather than giant corporation shareholders)
- Tastes better (producers should be encouraged to have free samples for tasting on their stalls. Voting for the best sourdough taste?)
At the same time Stroudco would promote a special bakery offer for pre-order in advance of the Farmers Market stall and for order/delivery the week after.
The contents of the promotions would have to be worked out with the producers who we would expect to reciprocate our promotional efforts on their behalf with price reductions/special offers we can use.
We think focusing on a single product area at a time would reinvigorate peoples interest in the fresh and local concept of the market and stimulate new users to try these products with the backing of our’ 5 reasons’ why they should do so.