Promotional codes to give customer discounts

I was working with Purely Pickled Eggs this morning. They want to be able to give out promo codes that shoppers can enter during the checkout process to receive a discount on their basket with the option for the code to be single-use only. Has anyone found a way to do this in OFN?

Hi,

I’d like to pick up this old thread again. Is this feature planned in any way? Or have other food hubs found workarounds?

best,
Sebastian

Hi @seprost Good to hear from you. I hope you are well :slight_smile:

Yes this is on the OFN wishlist and yes in the meantime there a couple of work arounds:

1. You can create a payment method with a negative calculator which will take off either a percentage of the basket total or a fixed level of discount from the basket before checkout. This payment method can be tagged so as to be visible only to tagged customers.
  2. You can have a parallel order cycle with lower enterprise fees applied to its producers.
    This order cycle can be tagged so as to be visible only to tagged customers.

Let me know if it would help to talk this through or we could do a screen share

Hi Nick,

thanks for these suggestions. In the end we just decided to go for the “money back at pick-up” approach. The two workarounds unfortunately wouldn’t work as we would like to give the discount codes to people that have not yet ordered.

best,
Sebastian

Hi @seprost

The other option is to tag certain customer emails with ‘discount’ and then create a payment method with a negative calculator which you also tag ‘discount’ then create a tag rule which makes this payment method only visible to when a ‘discount’ customer logs in.

You can create new customers before they have placed their first order. More on tagging here

Hi Nick,

yes thanks that’s a good idea. As long as we get people to share their e-mail address with us we can sign them up.

Best,
Sebastian